This Week in Eat me daily: The Bagel, Food Art, Chopped, Madoff, Swallow, etc etc
- We reviewed The Bagel: The Surprising History of a Modest Bread, by Maria Balinska, calling it "easy, approachable, accessible."
- We interviewed Swallow Magazine's Creative Director and Editor, James Casey.
- We broke the news that Ruth Madoff's cookbook was blocked from reprinting because of trademark infringement.
- We checked out Sara Greenberger Rafferty's art installation BANANAS at the Kitchen in New York City.
- We reviewed Food Network's Chopped, calling it "a cheap, maddening ripoff of Top Chef" that "still has potential." And we called out Ted Allen for claiming that there wouldn't be product placement in the show.
- There was a Top Chef / Real Housewives of Orange County crossover of epic proportions.
- And finally, we learned that affluent men prefer food to sports.