This Week in Eat me daily: Toby Young, Milk, Cold Mud, Catfights, Chopped, etc etc
- We reviewed Milk: The Surprising Story of Milk Through the Ages by Anne Mendelson, calling her fanatic insistence on the quality of ingredients "understandable but nearly impossible."
- We drank Stumptown coffee at Roots Cafe in Brooklyn and it blew our minds.
- Ted Allen claimed that his show Chopped isn't a ripoff of Top Chef. We didn't believe him. Plus we got the complete contenstant list for the show, and it's almost all New York City chefs and sous chefs.
- We answered the all-important question: Who the hell is Toby Young?
- And it turned out that Toby Young was banned from Jean-Christophe Novelli's restaurants, but then they kissed and made up.
- We scored an interview with Eugen Beer of Cold Mud.
- And we documented the cable food celebrity catfight between Tyler Florence and Andrew Zimmern.