This Week in Eat me daily: Candy Hearts, In-N-Out Burger, Cereal Straws, Dirty Dishes, etc etc
Photograph of calves heart by Nose to Tail at Home
- Irving Mill's Valentine's Day Tasting Menu is all heart.
- We reviewed the new book, In-N-Out Burger by Stacy Perman: "by the end of the 300-plus page slog, I was left feeling more hungry than anything else."
- We loved the art installation that used copper cookie cutters.
- We reviewed Pino Luongo's Dirty Dishes, saying that it "reads a smidge like a drunk uncle regaling a possibly non-existent audience at a family get-together."
- We ate and reviewed Kellogg's Froot Loops Cereal Straws, and were unimpressed, calling it "just a stupid gimmick, an expensive novelty item."
- It turned out that the phrases on this year's Valentine's Candy Conversation Hearts were inspired by food.
- We were really impressed with this week's episode of Chopped, calling it "the best so far."
- Lots of video: 30 Rock making fun of Serendipity's Golden Opulence Sundae, No Reservations' Food Porn episode at Momofuku, Gordon Ramsay on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, College Humor's Soup'd, Stephen Colbert eating honey from cocaine-addled honeybees, and Saturday Night Live's I'm on a Boat Digital Short.