This Week in Eat me daily: Chicken Tracking, Sandra Lee's Magazine, More Chopped, etc etc
Russian meat product photo set, [via]
- We discovered that Murray's Chickens have a Farm Verification code, so you can track your chicken.
- We reviewed the premiere issue of Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Magazine, and were horrified how it "blurred the line between advertising and editorial."
- In television news, Food Network ordered a full season of Chopped, 26 episodes to air during the summer.
- For some reason, the Italians really love cupcakes.
- We were grossed out by the Butterfinger Buzz, a new candy bar with "as much caffeine as the leading energy drink."
- It was a good week for videos, from the Disney Eggs commercial, to Bourdain declaring the Three Little Pigs Sandwich the "greatest sandwich in America", to Stephen Colbert on the Bocuse d'Or, to the commercial for Chopping Block with Marco Pierre White, to the "Chewable Pampers Commercial" from Saturday Night Live.