This Week in Eat me daily: Jedi Chefs, Jamie at Home, Spilt Milk, Conan, Wheels of Cheese
Gumball machine cards from the 1960s and 1970s. From The Imaginary World.
- We reviewed Jamie Oliver's cookbook Jamie at Home, saying that "readers seeking enthusiastic good fun, sound advice and delicious recipes will be well-served by this book indeed."
- We were completely amazed by Celebrity Jedi Chefs, a website with photographs of actors from a whole bunch of television shows like BSG, Lost, Heroes, Stargate SG-1, and Buffy.
- We checked out Over Spilt Milk at the City Reliquary Museum, an exhibition that tells the story of New York’s Consumer-Farmer Milk Cooperative through pamphlets, broadsides, and vintage milk cartons from the 1930s.
- It was Conan O'Brien's last week on Late Night, and he ran classic pieces from his older shows — the one where he visits Martha Stewart's house was pure comedy gold, as was the one where he visits a vineyard in Napa Valley.
- It was Fashion Week in New York City, and Betsey Johnson had a kitchen-themed show called "Betsey Crocker's Recipe for Dressing."