This Week in Eat me daily: Appalachia, Book Award Predictions, Martha, Space Tortillas, etc etc
- We ran the latest in our Eating Appalachia series, Food Festivals With Bite. Can't beat the first line: "To truly get jiggy with the more esoteric aspects of Appalachian cuisine, you can't do much better than the region's myriad food festivals."
- There's no denying 2008 was a great year for cookbooks, and we presented our picks for the James Beard Book awards.
- We reviewed Martha Stewart's Cooking School, calling it "a perfectionist cookbook that's not a cookbook for professionals."
- The same week that NBC pulled The Chopping Block off the air, Fox went ahead and ordered more Kitchen Nightmares.
- We loved the use of tortillas in cooking aboard the International Space Station. Who else but an astronaut would write "You really want to be swimming in tortillas your whole increment"?
- If you missed it, you MUST watch this commercial for Carlton Natural Blonde Beer: What's That Taste in My Mouth? THE FUTURE.
- Food Art:
- Our Favorite Videos: