This Week in Eat Me Daily: Offal, Wife Swap, IACP, Sir Mix-a-Lot, Beef, etc etc
- We were down on the IACP cookbook awards, writing about how "the organization picked the wrong winners, and why that bodes poorly for the future of book publishing."
- We started a new regular feature: Offal of the Week, with our newest contributor, Ryan Adams of Nose to Tail at Home. This week's offal: Tripe.
- We absolutely loved the little bacon-loving prodigy that is seven year-old King Curtis, from this recent episode of Wife Swap.
- We reviewed John Torode's Beef: And Other Bovine Matters, calling it "a truly well-done book of beef recipes."
- The commercial for Burger King's Kids' Meal combining Sir Mix-a-Lot's 'Baby Got Back' and SpongeBob Square Pants was just a big ol' pile of WTF.
- Stephen Colbert on the NYT's Dining Section's 'Blatant Anti-American Bias'
- Chicken Tetrazzini Seduces!
- Mario Batali on The Chopping Block
- South Park Makes Fun of Sur La Table
- Food Network's 5 Ingredient Fix With Claire Robinson