This Week in Eat Me Daily: Brains, Beard and Women, Oysters, Waffle Art
- The theme of this year's James Beard awards gala is "Women in Food," which means they're honoring the girls in the kitchen by letting them cook for the rest of the guests, but all in all, there are only 16 women represented in a total of 96 nominees — a scant sixth of the field.
- This week's "Offal of the Week"? Braaaaiinnns.
- We were loving the recent rash of Chicago's fake food twitterers.
- Food art: We checked out 'The Organization Of Batter' by Martha Friedman at the Wallspace Gallery featuring giant waffles made out of marble, paper, and rubber.
- We reviewed Sex, Death & Oysters by Robb Walsh, saying that "his literary orgy of consumption will tantalize the converted, and may convince them to eat oysters they normally would've avoided."
- Video: The Chopping Block season finale; the beautifully retro Pepsi Throwback Commercial; Ruth Reichl laughing as
RomeCondé Nast burns; the surreal Food Party.