Photograph by Julio Duffoo
- Above: The photography show "Meatpaper Portraits" by Julio Duffoo at 18 Reasons in San Francisco.
- McSweeney's: Great moments in cinema ruined by cookies. [via Coldmud]
- Midtown Lunch reports on the brewing New York City food truck turf war.
- Slate has been running excerpts from Mike Steinberger's new book Au Revoir to All That: Food, Wine, and the End of France. The first on how the Michelin guide crippled France's restaurants, the second on how McDonald's conquered France.
- Relatedly, the LA Times reports that Michelin won't be publishing a 2010 Las Vegas or Los Angeles editions of their restaurant guides.