- Above, cheeseburger tape from Japan. On Etsy, one person is selling a roll for $8.99 and another for $5.25
- McSweeney's reviews A Taste of Pyongyang, " the newest eatery by the North Korean the secretive phenom, Jimmy Kim, combines uncompromising Totalitarian food concepts with a flair for the dramatic."
- Gourmet drops a totally unexpected recipe for Savory Duck Fat Doughnuts, stuffed with duck confit. At what point does something like this cease being a doughnut?
- Designsponge presents The past and present: history of the fork + collecting & care [via SE]
- Photoset: Hungry Ants Carry Potato Chips Back Home
- Cost-cutting at Conde Nast: No more coffee stirrers.
- Also, these are pretty good reads: Rick Bayless gives lots of behind the scenes info on the Top Chef Masters finale on his blog and in interview with the LA Times.