- Above, "The clown vs. the box." Original artist unknown. [My[confined]space via Bits and Pieces]
- New Yorker: Things that are better than a New York City hot dog
- CNN Money: Alice Waters' startup story
- Amazing, but likely a joke: In the UK, man invoices food companies for making him wait in line. It gets better. [via GSNY]
- 1,000+ words in the New York Times on fruit stands at Yankee Stadium. The kids look thrilled to be getting some fruit.
- NPR visits wd-50 and shoots video of Wylie Dufresne making his eggs Benedict with the famed cube of fried hollandaise sauce.
- Regina Schrambling writing for Slate: Don't Buy Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking: "Those thousands and thousands of cookbooks sold are very likely going to wind up where so many of the previous printings have—in pristine condition decorating a kitchen bookshelf or on a nightstand."