Guy Fieri Makes the Thunder Platter [video]
In the latest episode of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, Guy Fieri visited Donnie Mac's Trailer Park Cuisine in Boise, Idaho. Inspired by their "Tucker Mac & Cheese" served with sweet potato fries and "trashy sauce," with an optional hot dog, bacon, or chili ($1.50 extra), Guy decides to make the most epic plate of mac and cheese dish ever created. He says, "I want you to take everything you have... We are gonna make the Thunder Platter."
The Thunder Platter consists of onion rings, sweet potato fries, a hot dog, bacon, red onions, green bell peppers, jalapenos, olives, Anaheim chiles, a burger patty, a weaved bacon blanket, mac n cheese, and extra cheese sauce, all on a tortilla chip base. With Cheetos to garnish.
He's the first to admit it: "This is ridiculous," he says as he takes the weaved bacon blanket and turns it into a "bacon crostini."
Video: Guy Fieri's Thunder Platter
Earlier on Eat Me Daily
- Guy Fieri Parody on Saturday Night Live [video, SNL]
- Tater Tot Chili Pizza at Grinders Pizza on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives [video]
- The McGangBang: a McChicken Sandwich Inside a Double Cheeseburger [a chronicle]
- The KFC Double Down Sandwich Uses Chicken Patties Instead of Buns
- Bourdain Declares Three Little Pigs Sandwich 'Greatest Sandwich in America' [video]