- Above, an infographic depicting meat consumption per capita of various countries. Note that Santa is the first thing listed under "the average weights of some common edible things." [via SE]
- Urlesque: Photos of conjoined fruits and vegetables
- Jonathan is in China trying to figure out how to say "gourmand" (anything but "foodie"!) in Chinese. We like zuǐchán & chánzuǐ (Lit. Greedy mouth, piggish mouth).
- Jones Soda is releasing a line of Limited Edition Dungeons & Dragons Spellcasting Soda.
- Oyster fanatic Robb Walsh discovers the fascinating world of Gulf Coat oyster plate collecting.
- The Guardian decides that since eating competitions have become trendy in the UK, they're doomed to become totally Americanized. This is, of course, our master plan; foiled again!
- Tyler Florence, known recipe expert, will host a show on Lifetime called Search for the Greatest American Recipe. [via Eater LA]