- Above, a gallery of banana peel art from YesButNoButYes
- College Humor on truth in cereal marketing. Special K isn't actually all that special.
- Oh, Engrish: Bubble tea ad promotes "the joys of sucking on balls."
- The US, as defined by distance to the closest McDonalds. That farthest you can get from the fast food chain? 107 miles, in Northwestern South Dakota.
- Coolhunting on a water cooler that collects water from the moisture in the air, up to eight gallons of water daily.
- Rick Bayless' in-depth account of the first week at his new Chicago restaurant.
- John Besh is set to to open a restaurant called The American Sector at the National World War II Museum in New Orleans: "I want to spark children's interest about the '40s era....We've contracted the company that made the battlefield containers for C-rations and Spam to make special lunch pails with G.I. Joe motifs to serve kids' meals-inside they'll find Cracker Jacks, toy soldiers, and planes."