AM Linksplodge 10/19/09
- Above: "The Rocking Hot Dog," by Nienke Klunder and Jaime Hayon, is produced by a Formula 1 manufacturer. See more photos at designboom.
- Independent: Meet the master taster who can tell a cow's age, gender and breed from one mouthful of meat.
- Food Blog Alliance: 5 Do's and 5 Don'ts About Food Blogging for Cookbook Authors by David Lebovitz.
- WSJ: America's Luxury Cheesemakers Venture Into Europe.
- BBC video report on Tokyo's plastic food.
- The Telegraph talks to five women chefs in the UK. Clare Smyth, head chef at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, London, tells her kitchen nightmare: "When I was a sous-chef I let an unripe mango into the kitchen and it was nearly served in Gordon’s signature dish, mango ravioli. Gordon went crazy for about three hours."
- AV Club: Walkin' in the deep-fried wonderland of the Texas State Fair. They wimped out and didn't try the deep-fried butter!
- CNN: Restaurant critics struggle to stay anonymous story makes mention of our Sam Sifton disguises post. The video segment has a screenshot of EMD!