- Above: Vintage electric food warmer, $12 on Etsy. Update: it's sold!
- Mrs. Butterworths reveals her first name on her Twitter account. [via Jezebel]
- Manufacturers try to change a California law that prohibits Asian noodles from being kept at room temperature: “If we refrigerate the rice noodle, it becomes hard and brittle,” [a city food importer] said. “It’s like bread. You sell bread on the shelf. It’s not refrigerated. If it is refrigerated, you know it’s not fresh.”
- Urlesque: Pizza Shaped Like Things and Things Shaped Like Pizza
- Chicagoist has details on Future Food, the new TV show from Homaro Cantu and Moto chef Ben Roche in which they perform edible science experiments: Airing on Discovery Network's Planet Green in the first quarter of 2010. [via Grub Street Chi]
- The Wall Street Journal story on how Food Network chefs like Guy Fieri and Paula Deen are becoming rock stars doing arena shows.
- Buzzfeed: Video: 3-Way Meat Tug Of War (With Cats)
- Juice "caviar" parfaits from Luxirare.