- Above, data visualization: calorie consumption per capita in various countries and regions in a plate and a fork. Part of the design project "In-Formed " by Nadeem Haidary. [via Yanko Design]
- A major upset in the latest round of The Piglet, the tournament of cookbooks: I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti by Giulia Melucci vs The Sweet Life in Paris by David Lebovitz.
- Brain melting video compilation of Sandra Lee's many Halloween costumes.
- The Food Section defines "walk-aways" as "Retail customers so frustrated by store checkout lines that they leave a shop without completing their purchases."
- Mail Online: Tesco opens first-ever self-service only shop: "critics warn that the move marks the end of basic human interaction." [via Coldmud]
- Slow news day in North Carolina: Woman Sees Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer in Pork Chop [via Buzzfeed]