Lunchtime Linksplodge 10/15/09
- Above, a followup to the farthest point to a McDonald's: All the Subway franchises plotted on a map.
- In the Piglet, the tournament of cookbooks, EMD's Helen Rosner judges the latest round between Well-Preserved by Eugenia Bone and Babycakes by Erin McKenna.
- Techcrunch: Twitter launching its own wine label.
- Wired reviews Japanese curry in a can. [via coldmud]
- Eater: Rocco Dispirito now shilling for Morton's Salt.
- NBC Chicago: Brian Dugan, the convicted child killer who's up for the death penalty, converted to Judaism to get better food in prison.
- Saturday Night Live will be presented by a single advertiser, Anheuser-Busch, "for the first time in the show’s 35-season history." Expect synergistic ties like when they joined MacGruber and Pepsi into "Pepsuber."