Mr. T Uses Hidden Cameras to Correct Rudeness in Bizarre Snickers Commercials [videos]
There's a new Snickers campaign in the UK featuring Mr. T in which the A-Team star implores British youth to quit being so rude and "get some nuts." In the commercials, "Mr. T CTV" cameras film teenagers being obnoxious in a variety of ways, who are then admonished over loudspeaker by Mr. T, hidden in a bunker somewhere. A commentary on the Big Brother-ish modern-day English CCTV police state, the connection to the actual Snickers candy bar is tenuous at best, the only link being the "Get Some Nuts" tagline.
There's also a contest in which you can submit videos of people being "fools." The biggest fool gets £1000, which seems sort of against Mr. T's whole politeness campaign. Then again, the whole thing is pretty ridiculous, including Mr. T's awesome Snickers ammo belt.
Bus Stop Bonehead
Earlier on Eat Me Daily
- Parodies of Snickers Ads by Olde English
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cannibal and Suicide Food Commercials [video]
- McDonald's Ad Campaign in Japan Mocks White People and Foreigners [video]
- Every Video from Dos Equis' The Most Interesting Man In the World Ad Campaign [commercials, video]
- Australian Commercial for Mexican Doritos [video]