Eight Deep-Fried Turkey Disaster Videos [you're doing it wrong]
Under the sparkle and shine of every holiday lurks a certain amount of evil: The 4th of July has fireworks accidents, Christmas has decorative light electrical fires, Valentine's Day has awkward romantic gestures. Thanksgiving should be safe, apart from the inherent danger of simply being around your relatives for a full day. Safe, that is, until it occurred to someone to drop a whole turkey into a vat of molten peanut oil. And then oops, FIRE. A word to this wise? Defrost the turkey all the way, and dry that sucker off.
Below, eight videos of idiots nearly sending themselves, their homes, and their loved ones up in turkey-flavored flameballs (as well as a few staged explosions) listed in order from least to most flames.
8. Birdseye View of a Flameball
This is why you do it outside.
7: Flameball with Playground
Note the child in the background covering his/her eyes.
6: What Not to Do
Just some firefighters setting a turkey on fire. For your safety, of course.
5: A Special Turkey Day
Due to the Archimedes Principle, you are burning the house down.
Earlier on Eat Me Daily
- Nine Frozen Turkey Bowling Videos [you're doing it right]
- The McGangBang: a McChicken Sandwich Inside a Double Cheeseburger [a chronicle]
- The Top Ten Food-Based Rube Goldberg Machines [videos]
- Turkey Totality: Thanksgiving Magazine Roundup Smackdown Spectacular
- Martha Stewart-Brand Turkeys
- Turkeys Fight Back [video]
- Frozen Turkey Bowling from 10 Items or Less [video]