- Above: A life-size replica of a Mies van der Rohe Barcelona couch, but as a chocolate cake. From Artinfo's NSFW slideshow of a food art event at Haunch of Venison in New York City, a cake tasting hosted by Kreemart and American Patrons of the Tate. Also see The Moment's writeup.
- Video: Man v Food visits L&B Spumoni Gardens in Brooklyn.
- Ben Leventhal to become a restaurateur.
- Thursday Night Smackdown is having a "Skanky-Assiest Potholder" contest.
- The process of creating Capri Sun's marketing phrase "Strawberry Flavored Juice Drink Blend." [via Gawker]
- Atlantic Food Channel: How To Act Around a Celebrity Chef.
- WSJ's Speakeasy blog catches up with Mario Batali at the premiere of Fantastic Mr. Fox:
“I approve,” he said after hoisting and swishing the Sauvignon Blanc Framingham. “It’s an Australian sauvignon. An excellent example of what we call cat pee. It is delicate and fruity without being overpowering.”
- Amusing recounting from a blogger who beat an eating challenge that Man vs Food host Adam Richman failed: 1 lb of sides and 74 oz of meat in an hour. (26-ounce Delmonico steak, an 8-ounce filet mignon, a 12-ounce New York strip, a 12-ounce veal chop, and 16-ounces of flat iron steak.)