- Above: Hot n Juicy pin from Etsy seller Red Eye Vintage.
- Saveur Editor-in-Chief Jame Oseland is having a "parallel universe moment" over on Eater.
- The New York Times Magazine ran its annual "Year in Ideas" issue. Food related thoughts include: Cows With Names Make More Milk, Empty Beer Bottles Make Better Weapons, Gourmet Dirt, and The Kitchen Sink That Puts Out Fires.
- Slice's Adam Kuban "finally" eats at famous Tucson pizza joint Pizzeria Bianco.
- A Hamburger Today tests the theory that ground beef should be salted before it is turned into burgers, and decides that one should "refrain from getting the meat anywhere near the salt until just before you cook it."
- The mathematics behind a perfectly sliced pizza at NewScientist. [via neatorama]
- The EU defines—and protects—exactly what constitutes Neapolitan pizza.