- Above, Madonna pretending to wash dishes in new Dolce & Gabbana ads. Stefano Gabbana spoke to Vanity Fair about the campaign for a feature story:
When asked as to whether Madonna knows how to wash dishes, Stefano Gabbana replies "Certainly ... she's a very practical woman ... " And does she actually eat spaghetti despite her most enviable figure? "Of course," says Stefano, "and she can allow herself to with all the exercise she does!"
- Go print! Notcot has photos of the Daily Candy Print Guide to LA.
- Alex Van Buren: 6 reasons trader joe would make a horrible boyfriend.
- The Awl: Last Night's Company Holiday Party, Reviewed.
- More Alice Waters cookbooks are coming.
- The Guardian runs a story "The best food books of 2009" but with the subhead "Not a comprehensive list." Then make it comprehensive!
- AP: An Ohio restaurant is offering lifetime 25% discounts to people with grilled cheese tattoos.
- Here's a clip (via Everything Rachael Ray) of Rachael Ray on The Joy Behar Show talking about the rivalry with Martha Stewart (uneventful, really). But we loved what Joy Behar had to say: "I've been on [Martha Stewart's] show many times, and she's right straight ahead, she focuses. You could say you 'I have six months to live,' and she'll say 'Put more glue on the paper-mâché puppet.'"