Michael Ruhlman's Ratio iPhone App
Very exciting: Coming soon is the iPhone-ified rendition of Michael Ruhlman's book Ratio: The Simple Codes Behind the Craft of Everyday Cooking (Amazon). The app features all 32 of the "critical ratios" that "form the backbone of the culinary arts, with instructions," a calculator, an ounces to grams converter, recipes, and for that extra quotient (math joke!) of social networking, ways to share recipes on Facebook and Twitter. No price is indicated, but does it matter? It's like a secret decoder ring!
Update: Michael Ruhlman tweeted that he's planning to release it at $4.99.
Update: 12/15/09: It's on the iTunes Store.
Earlier on Eat Me Daily
- Translate Foreign Menus With the Amazing iPhone PicTranslator [the future is now]
- Jamie Oliver's iPhone App: 20 Minute Meals
- iLickit: The First iPhone Game You Can Play With Your Tongue [video]
- The Foodspotting iPhone App Looks a Lot Like Other Stuff
- Zagat iPhone App Review: 'Cumbersome,' 'Horribly Slow'