Out Now: Julie & Julia on DVD and Blu-ray; Also The Way To Cook on DVD
Julie & Julia was released today on DVD ($9.99 at Amazon) and Blu-ray ($25.99 at Amazon). Please to note! The standard DVD skimps on the features, only including a commentary track and a behind-the-scenes featurette. The Blu-ray disc, however, contains a bevy of features, including the featurette “Julia’s Kitchen” that chronicles how the Smithsonian Museum acquired Child’s kitchen; cooking lessons from Julia Child, Jacques Pépin, and Suzanne Goin; and the featurette "Family and Friends Remember Julia Child." Also, recipes that you can email while you're watching the film? Fancy!
Apparently Target is selling an "exclusive" two-disc Deluxe Edition (out of stock online at the moment) that includes the 90-minute documentary Julia Child's Kitchen Wisdom which isn't very much of an exclusive since Amazon sells it separately (for $17.99).
Also yesterday, released for the first time ever on DVD (complete with 96-page recipe booklet) is Julia Child's The Way To Cook ($18.49 at Amazon), the six-part television series originally produced in 1985.
Earlier on Eat Me Daily
- Julia Child on Late Night with David Letterman (1987)
- Julia Child Cooks Up a Batch of Primordial Soup [video]
- Julia Child's Cookbooks, Bestsellers Again
- Julie & Julia's Real Star: Mastering The Art of French Cooking
- The Comprehensive Julia Child Bibliography [books!]
- Julia Child Considered The Julie/Julia Project 'a Stunt'