Waffle House to Host a Book Tour
Waffle House, the Southern chain of greasy (that's gree-zee to you Northerners) diners, is going to host a book tour! Sam McLeod's food memoir, Big Appetite: My Southern-Fried Search for the Meaning of Life, will be promoted in the chain's 1,600 locations, and in addition, Waffle House will be hosting signings, as McLeod has a "down-home style that resonates" with their customer base. What's next, Whataburgers as galleries? In-N-Out Burgers as indie rock venues? That last one doesn't sound like that big of a stretch, actually.
Earlier on Eat Me Daily
- The People of Waffle House [single serving sites]
- Cookbook Review: Simple Fresh Southern by Matt Lee and Ted Lee: Sibling Rivalry
- Cookbook Review: The Blackberry Farm Cookbook by Sam Beall
- Baked's Matt Lewis: It's Hip to Be Chick-Fil-A
- In-N-Out Burger by Stacy Perman: Doing Business Animal-Style [book review]