Big Deals: Five & Ten's Hugh Acheson, Blogger Jennifer Reese
You know what we need more of? Southern food cookbooks. Oh, and if we could get a couple volumes on homemade pantry items while we're at it, that'd be great. What's that? Two new books on those very topics are headed our way? Phew. We were worried.
Chef Hugh Acheson of Athens, Georgia restaurant Five & Ten, winner of Food & Wine's 2002 Best New Chef award, 4-time Beard Award nominee and sworn enemy of football fans everywhere, will release A New Turn in the South Fall 2010. Published by Clarkson Potter, the book will focus on classic French techniques, Southern cuisine, and local ingredients.
Meanwhile, Jennifer Reese of The Tipsy Baker is working on Make the Bread, Buy the Butter, also due out Fall 2011 from Free Press. The book will be an "adventure budgeting a homemade life and examining whether to make or buy household staples."[PM, sub req'd]
Earlier on Eat Me Daily
- Big Deals: Four Kitchens by Semi-Pro Stagier Lauren Shockey
- Blog-To-Book Deal: Hunter Angler Gardener Cook Author Hank Shaw's Honest Food
- Big Deals: A Heavy Metal Cookbook: Mosh Potatoes: Recipes, Anecdotes, and Mayhem From the Heavyweights of Heavy Metal
- Food Blogger-to-Book Deal Part 23125923: Ideas In Food
- Fancy Fast Food Offered a Book Deal