Dorie Greenspan Talks Lionel Poilâne on CBS Sunday Morning [video]
Yesterday, CBS Sunday Morning reflected on the life of Parisian baker Lionel Poilâne who passed away in 2002 and left his daughter Appolonia his eponymous Parisian boulangerie. Throughout the segment, Dorie Greenspan reminisces on Poilâne's single-handedness in the kitchen, what makes waiting for his cookies such a punishment, and the growth of the "manufactory" - a baking facility in Bièvres where the bakery's wood-burning ovens are replicated for mass production. Video below.
Earlier on Eat Me Daily
- CBS News Sunday Morning Food Special ADHD Edition
- Pie for Life from Royers Round Top Cafe Featured on CBS Sunday Morning [video]
- Beard Award for Best TV Food Segment: CBS News Sunday Morning's "In a Pinch" [video]
- Baker Tweet Service Alerts You to What's Fresh from the Bakery
- Baguette Dropped by a Bird Shuts Down Large Hadron Collider