Photograph: Lauren Dukoff
- Above: Lady Gaga plays chef in the video for "Telephone," which will be released on Thursday.
- An interview with New York Times perfume critic Chandler Burr on his "Scent Dinner" collaboration with chef Lawrence Klang. [via @compcook]
- Francis Lam on Biggie Smalls, who died 13 years ago today: "He rapped about the life of a street hustler-turned-playboy, about blunts and broads and sex in expensive cars, but along the way he taught me who I would be as a writer on food."
- Gawker.tv thinks Anthony Bourdain is maybe a little bit of a hypocrite.
- New York state assemblyman proposes legislation to ban use of salt in restaurants. Is that even possible? [via @foodwriterdiary]